As the COVID-19 Pandemic continues across our state and nation, Macon County government has been proactive in establishing certain measures to protect the health and safety of those in government and the citizens it serves. Through implementation of protective measures, along with enhanced cleaning and sanitation efforts, the majority of Macon County government offices remain open and continue to operate on a regular schedule. Some services, however, will be impacted as a result of Macon County’s COVID-19 response effort, a list of which has been provided.
Residents are asked to continue to monitor Macon County’s website at www.maconnc.org as well as the Macon County Public Health Facebook Page for up to date, accurate information related to COVID-19 in Macon County. For more detailed information related to any of the closures or changes listed, contact the department directly by simply clicking on the heading on the website. You will be re-directed to the Department’s Homepage where contact information is provided.
– Macon County Senior Services Building- closed until further notice; Congregate meals served via drive-thru/home delivery until further notice
– Macon County Recreation – Robert C. Carpenter Building- closed until further notice
– Highlands Recreation Park- closed until further notice
– Nantahala Recreation Park- closed until further notice
– Macon County Emergency Services Barrett Building- closed to public until further notice
– EMS Bases- closed to public until further notice
– Macon County Transit – Mountain Gem Route- 1x per hour (instead of 2x per hour); All employment and necessary medical transportation is still in effect
– Macon County Detention Center – beginning March 23, new visitation procedures will become effective.
– Macon County Veterans Services – office closed until further notice. Office will continue providing services to veterans via phone and email.
– Macon County Public Health – Limited non-essential services until further notice.
– Macon County Public Libraries – closed until further notice
– Macon County Housing Department -Exterior work only until further notice